Today’s journey into Stan Lee and Jack Kirby’s classic giant monster comics brings us to the story of “Vandoom” from the fourth issue of Where Creatures Roam. Much like the story of Frankenstein, the plot involves a somewhat obsessed individual who creates a monster that comes to life. Unlike Frankenstein however, some alien invaders show up because, well... why not?
1. When a small wax museum on the outskirts of remote European town begins to wane in popularity, it’s due to a lack of new sculptures... not because it’s a wax museum in the middle of friggin’ nowhere.
2. Lightning can bring ANYTHING to life.
3. A monster made of solid wax can become exhausted, even fatally, somehow.
4. Animate wax sculptures > Martians
5. There’s nothing the general public loves more than a wax museum exhibit based on a story that can't be truthfully verified in any way.